January 14, 2021
Due to the pandemic, Viking Line’s business environment was extremely unfavorable, with enormous economic consequences for the shipping company.
- Only 4 of Viking Line’s 7 vessels were in regular service during the year
- -70% passengers = 1.9 million (6.3)
- -6.1% cargo units = 125,693 (133,940)
- High levels of freight on Turku–Mariehamn–Stockholm and Helsinki–Tallinn routes.
- Also good news: In autumn, Viking Line’s new, climate-smart vessel VIKING GLORY will be delivered and is already attracting great interest.