Ferry – freight:
- Total volumes in June 2022 were 3.6% below 2021.
- North Sea volumes were below 2021 on both UK routes and routes between Sweden and the Continent.
- Volumes in the Mediterranean network continued to grow supported by higher capacity.
- Channel’s volumes were below 2021 due to a decrease in the total market. Market share was upheld just below last year.
- The war in Ukraine lowered Baltic Sea volumes between mainly Germany and Lithuania compared to 2021.
- For the last twelve months 2022-21, the total transported freight lane metres increased 0.2% to 43.8m from 43.7m in 2021-20.
Ferry – passenger:
- The number of passengers increased eightfold to 352k equal to 75% of volumes in June 2019, the latest comparable month pre-Covid-19.
- Transport segments continued to recover faster than leisure segments as the number of cars equalled 89% of volumes in 2019.
- For the last twelve months 2022-21, the total number of passengers was 1.9m compared to 1.0m in 2021-20 and 5.1m in 2019.