By the end of March, the Cypriot Evaluation Committee will announce the ferry operator for the subsidized Piraeus-Larnaca or Limassol line.
- The specific ferry connection concerns 22 sailings without a stopover.
- Itineraries will start in April or May and will end in September or October.
- The one-way passenger ticket will cost 50 euros, while the 2-way ticket will be set at 80 euros.
- Cars will be only accompanied and the price for the 2-way ticket will be 150 euros, while motorcycles will pay 100 euros. These prices are the highest that the shipowner can set, while based on the subsidy he has the right if he wants to reduce them in order to make the line more competitive.
- The aim of the specific ferry connection is to provide alternative connectivity between Greece and Cyprus as at the moment it is served only by plane. It is worth noting that the last time there was a Cyprus-Greece ferry connection was 21 years ago.