Fjord Line has decided to rebuild the two LNG-ships STAVANGERFJORD and BERGENSFJORD from single-fuel LNG-engines to dual-fuel LNG/MGO-engines.
- Rebuilding of STAVANGERFJORD will start in January 2023 and will be finalized by the end of May 2023.
- BERGENSFJORD will be rebuilt during February to medio June 2023.
- The routes affected by the rebuilding are Bergen – Stavanger – Hirtshals, and Hirtshals – Langesund.
- The ships are being rebuilt at Fosen Yard and the engines will be delivered by Wärtsilä.
- Fjord Line has concluded a refinancing as part of the rebuilding of the two ships and due to the current energy crisis.