For the first time in Stena’s 80-year history, the company suffered an overall financial loss.
Thanks to important freight activities the company succeeded in generating a small positive EBITDA.
Stena AB figures
- Total revenue 33,343 (37,142) SEK Million
- EBITDA, excluding sale of assets 5,613 (8,527) SEK Million
- Operating profit –1,791 (1,731) SEK Million
- Profit before tax –4,858 (240) SEK Million
- 31% share of total income (10,400 SEK Million)
- Lockdowns and closed borders resulted in a 75% drop in the number of Stena Line passengers.
- Stena Line want to be leader in green shipping. Today 40 per cent of Stena Line’s ships are connected to green power at seven terminals in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands.
- “Our priority project for the future is to build a fully electrically-powered ferry for our three-hour route between Göteborg and Fredrikshamn,” says CEO Dan Sten Olsson
- 1% share of total income (500 SEK Million)
- A further five E-Flexers will be built in China, commissioned by Stena RoRo, with delivery in 2021–2023.
- Actual fleet: 4 RoRo and 7 RoPax ships