November 11, 2022
- Turkish shipbuilder Sefine (Yalova) and Bluestone Group celebrated the steel cutting ceremony for a new double-ender ferry ordered by Caronte & Tourist.
- Expected to be delivered in H1, 2024.
- LNG-ready engines, batteries, and solar panels.
- Will be deployed on the Strait of Messina, between the Italian ports of Messina and Villa San Giovanni.
- Capacity for 1,500 passengers, 602 of which can be accommodated in sheltered seating areas.
- She will be the second newbuild supervised on behalf of Caronte & Tourist by Bluestone, a provider of technical services for the maritime industry which has been awarded a contract for plan approval and construction supervision.