December 12, 2019
- On 7 December, Stena Nautica did her first test call in Halmstad. In less than two months Stena Line starts operating the new route between Grenaa and Halmstad (instead of Varberg).
- Baja Ferries began operations in the Mexican Pacific with Oaxaca Star. It is not a ferry but a multi-purpose vessel.
- Clipper Pennant is on her way back to Dublin, after having finished her charter to the Balearia/Fred Olsen service from Huelva to the Canaries.
- Grimaldi Lines will use the Cruise Ausonia on the service from Brindisi to Greece between 20 December and 15 February. She appears in Grimaldi’s booking system as the Cruise A.
- Moby SPL Ltd has issued a letter, saying that all departures of SPL Princess Anastasia in December 2019 and January 2020 have been cancelled, “due to unforeseeable and unavoidable technical issues (force majeure)”.
- As expected, Sirena Seaways (currently sailing as Baie De Seine for Brittany Ferries) will replace Liverpool Seaways on the Karlshamn – Klaipeda route. She starts on 14 April 2020. Liverpool Seaways has been sold to La Méridionale.