November 23, 2017
- Former ferry VÄSTERVIK, which has been bought by Inter Shipping, is in the Perama drydock until the end of November. The vessel is going to operate on the Algeciras – Tanger Med link as from early spring.
- Traghetti delle Isola decided to charter European Seaways’ GALAXY for the Trapani (Sicily) – Pantelleria service. Pantellaria is an island 100km southwest of Sicily. She replaces the LAMPEDUSA, which has engine issues.
- In January TT Line’s PETER PAN will be sent to Bremerhaven for lengthening (by 30m). During the two-month shipyard stay, the ferry is also to receive a new fuel-efficient bulbous bow. As a stop gap solution TT Line will charter DFDS’ PATRIA SEAWAYS. As the former TT TRAVELER she is a familiar ship on the routes between the continent and Sweden.
- High-speed ro-pax monohull AELOS KENTERIS I will be sold by auction on December 6. She belonged to the fleet of bankrupt NEL Lines.
- Prime Minister Edouard Philippe told the delegates of the national maritime conference “Les Assises économie de la Mer” in Le Havre that France would ask the IMO to add the Mediterranean to the list of Emission Control Areas.