November 26, 2020
BC Ferries released its second quarter results today for the three and six months ended September 30, 2020. COVID-19 continues to have a significant impact on the company’s operations and financial results.
- Net earnings for Q2 of fiscal 2021 were $37.8 million, $57.2 million lower than the same quarter of the previous year.
- Year-to-date, since April 1, 2020, net losses were $24.2 million, compared to net earnings of $107.2 million in the same period in the prior year, a decline of $131.4 million.
- Revenue for Q2, at $247.6 million, was down $81.7 million year-over-year.
- Revenue for the six months ended September 30, 2020 was $385.0 million, down $190.7 million over the same period in the prior year.
During the quarter, BC Ferries carried:
- 5.5 million passengers (-29%)
- 2.5 million vehicles (-14%)
Year-to-date, the company has carried:
- 7.7 million passengers (-43%)
- 3.8 million vehicles, (-28.7%)