New Facilities And Green Port Development Should Prepare The Port Of Hirtshals For The Future
Port of Hirtshals has announced a massive modernisation plan:
- Port of Hirtshals will be expanded with a new entry and an outer port basin which should improve the navigational conditions significantly.
- This will make it possible to call with larger vessels and in harsher weather conditions.
- More quay and roro berths.
- As part of the green development, an independent development company will be established.
- Port to become a centre for production and utilisation of green energy by creating a sector coupling between e.g. district heating, green power and liquid biogas (LBG). Use of surplus heat.
- Port of Hirtshals should be able to support the development of different means of propulsion, including for instance green power for e.g. hydrogen, ammonia and other green fuels.