June 6, 2019
Interview with CEO Of Corsica Linea
Some highlights of an interview with Pierra-Antoine Villanova:
- Three years after the start, the restructuration phase is over. Turnover was €170m in 2016, €200m in 2017 and €220m last year. Net result is €10m, which means we still need to make efforts.
- Market share on Corsica has grown from 10% to 14%.
- Mr Villanova does not believe in low-cost. He sees a customer that wants quality of service.
- Corsica Linea is the second largest employer of French seafarers (“which cost 3 times the price of Italian crew”).
Investment and ecology:
- Shore power for PAGLIA ORBA (done), PASCAL PAOLI (winter) and JEAN NICOLI (winter).
- Scrubbers from Ecospray for these three ferries. (€25m)
- Order for 1 LNG Ferry expected to be placed at a European yard in 2019, with delivery in 2022 or 2023. Tenders out. Finance OK.