February 2, 2024
- TT-Line has taken the Stena Line vessel URD on charter to cover fleet gaps. The vessel joined the Baltic company on 29 January, operating on Klaipeda routes. The vessel previously served Stena for the two months prior to Christmas 2023.
- The BBC reports that DFDS is considering applying for the Channel Islands ferry tender to secure long-term operating agreements for the islands of Guernsey and Jersey.
- FRS Sylt Ferry is offering additional departures on the Havneby, Rømø to List, Sylt route 11 to 15 March due to the cancellation of passenger and car trains to Sylt during maintenance work at the island station.
- On February 8, Wasaline launches a new restaurant concept aboard AUROA BOTNIA sailing on the Vasa to Umeå route. Bistro Botnia will serve food made from local, seasonal ingredients. The menu includes both fine dining and simpler options.
- Martime Danmark reports that Smyril Line has decided to sell two RoRo Container vessels, EYSTNES and HVITANES. Previously focussed on the Russian fish market, the Ukraine war has put an end to this trade. Smyril Line will concentrate on RoRo freight in future.
Photo: Smyril Line