September 8, 2022
- Dutch marine battery system supplier EST-Floattech has delivered 1092kWh of battery capacity for new, full-electric ferry WELLINGDORF in a contract with system integrator Holland Ship Electric
- The zero-emission vessel is the 5th in a series of 6 hybrid and full-electric vessels for Kiel-based tug and ferry operator SFK
- Designed and built by Holland Shipyards Group.
- The last (hybrid) vessel SCHILKSEE is expected to be delivered early 2026.
- Earlier this year Holland Shipyards Group, in collaboration with Holland Ship Electric and EST-Floattech, delivered the hybrid ferries FRIEDRICHSORT, GAARDEN and WIK.
- The series of six also includes the emission-free passenger ferry DÜRSTENBROOK and is part of SFK’s fleet renewal plan focusing on lower environmental impact and upgraded services. This plan is tied to the City of Kiel’s environmental goal of being CO2-neutral by 2050.