November 17, 2023
Ferry – freight:
- Total volumes in October 2023 were 1.4% below 2022.
- North Sea volumes were just below 2022 as robust automotive volumes were offset by lower volumes between primarily Sweden and the UK.
- Mediterranean volumes were below 2022 as demand currently is stagnating in both Europe and Türkiye.
- Channel volumes were above 2022 driven by the Dover Strait routes.
- Baltic Sea volumes were below 2022 due to lower activity levels, not least in the Swedish construction sector, and a continued negative impact from the war in Ukraine.
- For the last twelve months 2023-22, the total transported freight lane metres decreased 9.9% to 38.6m from 42.8m in 2022-21.
Ferry – passenger:
- The number of passengers increased 4.0% driven by more Channel passengers. The number of cars increased 1.6%.
- The total number of passengers increased 29% to 4.5m for the last twelve months, 2023-22, from 3.5m in 2022-21.