On 7 December 2022, Tallink Superfast Ltd, a subsidiary of AS Tallink Grupp, took delivery of the new fast passenger ferry MyStar from Rauma Marine Constructions.
- There will be four different travel classes – the standard Star Class, upgraded Comfort Class, exclusive Business Lounge and the novel Platinum Lounge offering even more privacy.
- There is a 2500 m2 Traveller Superstore shopping area through two decks with modern self-service solutions, and seven restaurants, cafes and bars. A children’s playroom, an area for older kids with gaming equipment, a large winter garden and a kennel for the pets on garage level.
- The new ship has a service speed of 27 knots and she will operate on the Tallinn-Helsinki route with 6 departures per day in the company’s shuttle vessel schedule in tandem with the company’s other fast ferry Megastar.
- The cost of the ship is around EUR 250 million and the purchase is financed with a loan of EUR 196,3 million from KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH Ltd., the credit is guaranteed by Finnish Export Credit Agency “Finnvera”. The maturity of the loan is twelve years and bears fixed interest rate.
- MyStar is co-financed by European Union, the Connecting Europe Facility, Transport – Motorways of the Sea.
- MyStar will start operating on 13 December 2022.
- 212m | 2800 passengers | 750 passenger vehicles.
- Dual-fuel engines LNG MDO