August 26, 2021
Traffic volumes in H1, 2021:
98,510 passengers (621,781 last year and 1,634,408 in H1, 2019)
89,337 freight units (85,759 last year and 89,503 in H1, 2019)
Financial figures H1, 2021:
- Operating revenues NOK 629 (1,116 million last year and 2,278 in H1, 2019) from which:
- Revenue Cargo NOK 268 million
- Norwegian Government compensation scheme NOK 185 million.
- Operating loss/profit NOK -48 million (-189m last year’s H1 and 290m the H1 before)
- Operating loss (EBIT) NOK –349 million (-490 million last year’s H1 and -8m the H1 before)
- Profit before tax was NOK -421 million (NOK -756 million in H1, 2020)
- Profit after tax was NOK -329 million (NOK -590 million in 2020)
- The total result was NOK -279 million (NOK -639 million in 2020).
- Color Line was hit hard by Covid-19 related travel restrictions.
- Color Line expects a continued gradual reopening, and that during the autumn of 2021 there will be more easing of entry restrictions / requirements in general in Norway.
- Freight market has been good.
- The company expects to achieve profitability relatively quickly in a normalised market, with a historically low cost base, and expects a result for 2021 which is slightly better than 2020.