The David MacBrayne Limited Annual Report and Financial Statements for the year ending March 2022 has revealed about CalMac:
- Service levels remained high, with a contractual reliability of 98.8%, despite challenges facing the fleet including covid infections, travel restrictions, extreme weather, and vessel breakdowns.
- Record levels of investment being spent on maintaining the fleet – an increase of 64% over five years from £21.0m in 2018 to £34.3m in 2022.
- Customer satisfaction with the service remained high at 85%.
- Turnover GBP 227 million (199 million)
- Gross Profit GBP 28 million (29 million)
- Operating Loss/Profit -1.2 million (4.8 million)
- Loss/Profit before taxation -2.3 million (3.3 million)
- Loss/profit for the financial year -3.7 million (2.5 million)
“We continue to work with partners including CMAL and Transport Scotland to support the successful delivery of additional vessels and are looking forward to welcoming 16 new vessels to the fleet over the next five years. This will bring significant service improvements to our fleet, improving reliability across the network that will benefit our customers, communities, and visitors.”
CEO Robbie Drummond