The re-opening of the borders between Morocco and Spain has become effective on April 12 (only passengers), and from April 18 with vehicles.
The news comes after Morocco closed air and sea connections with Spain and its land borders with the enclaves of Ceuta on March 13, 2020 as a measure against the coronavirus.
The re-establishment of passenger traffic is expected to create a lot of movements in the coming months.
Despite the previously existing restrictions, some ships continued to connect Morocco and Spain, through the Strait of Gibraltar, thus guaranteeing the flow of cargo between the two countries.
Africa Morocco Link
- Restarted (dedicated web page)
- On Tuesday April 12, Baleària reopened passenger transport on the Algeciras-Tanger Med and Almería-Nador lines.
- As of April 18th, vehicles will be welcome too.
- The Sète-Nador route will open on April 17th for passengers and vehicles.
- Algeciras-Tanger Med: four daily return crossings with POETA LÓPEZ ANGLADA.
- Almería-Nador: four weekly return crossings with WASA EXPRESS.
- Sète-Nador: two weekly return crossings with REGINA BALTICA.
- Until now, only the Ceuta-Algeciras pedestrian route had been operational.
- Routes opening 12/18 April: Algeciras-Tanger Med and Tarifa-Tangier Ville.
- Resumed services on Algeciras-Ceuta and Algeciras-Tanger Med.