2020 was a tough year for Ports of Normandy’s three ports – Caen-Ouistreham, Cherbourg and Dieppe.
- -74.3% Cross-Channel passengers.
- -14.56% Ferry freight tonnage
- -5.92% HGV’s
2021 saw a very strong increase in traffic and the service offering to Ireland through Cherbourg with up to 12 departures a week (to Dublin and Rosslare).
- Normally: 35,000 trailers per year on Cherbourg – Ireland
- January 2021: 9,000 trailers
- Create a rail terminal at the port of Cherbourg in cooperation with Brittany Ferries
- Re-organisation of the Ouistreham ferry terminal and works to reinforce the West bank