Ferry – freight:
- Total volumes in October were 2% above 2019 adjusted for the closure of the Paldiski-Hanko route
- North Sea volumes were above 2019 driven by stockbuilding ahead of Brexit.
- Automotive volumes continued to recover.
- Baltic Sea volumes were also above 2019, mainly due to additional capacity between Estonia and Sweden.
- Mediterranean volumes were increased by growth in export volumes from Turkey.
- Volumes on the English Channel were slightly below 2019.
Freight lane meters (,000)
- October 2020: +0.4% (4,130)
- Last 12 months: -3.9% (39,487)
Ferry – passenger:
- Total number of passengers in October 2020 was 84% below 2019.
- The decrease reflects a continued negative impact from travel restrictions related to Covid-19.
- In the Baltic Sea, passenger numbers were considerably less impacted.
- October 2020: -83.8% (64)
- Last 12 months: -55.1% (2,302)