- Kerkyra Seaway’s double-ended ferry IONAS (former MONGIBELLO, BUDELLI, MIGUEL HERNANDEZ, FREJA SCARLETT, SUPERFLEX HOTEL) has been sold to a Turkish ferry operator and will soon depart for Istanbul.
- The ship is part of the popular Superflex class and served the Igoumenitsa – Corfu and Igoumenitsa – Paxoi lines since 2012.
- She stopped sailing on February 18, 2023.
- Turkish flag and renamed MEGAMAR.
- She will probably serve on a Northern Cyprus run.
Kerkyra Seaways’s HERMES was transferred at Neos Molos (Drapetsona) in order to continue her refit/conversion. The vessel was purchased from Nankai Ferry (Japan) in October 2019 and arrived in Greece on 3 March 2020.
The pandemic delayed her conversion, which began in late May and continues to this day. HERMES is expected to enter service at the end of January 2021 and she will be probably introduced on the Corfu-Igoumenitsa line.
Photo: Spyros Roussos