Ferry – freight:
- Total volumes in April 2022 were 5.4% above 2021 driven by higher volumes in the Mediterranean and Channel business units.
- Volumes in the Mediterranean network continued to grow supported by higher capacity. Channel’s volumes were well above last year due to a positive impact from suspension of P&O Ferries sailings through most of the month.
- North Sea volumes were slightly below 2021 primarily due to dockings that reduced capacity between the Netherlands and the UK.
- The war in Ukraine lowered Baltic Sea volumes considerably compared to 2021, mainly between Germany and Lithuania.
Ferry – passenger
- The recovery in passenger numbers continued in April with a tenfold increase to 337k equal to 70% of volumes in April 2019, the latest comparable month pre-Covid-19.
Volumes increased in all regions, including a positive impact from suspension of P&O sailings on the English Channel.