Ferry – freight:
- Total volumes in February 2023 were 8.6% below 2022. Volumes were 5.8% below 2022 adjusted for Channel that is impacted by a market decrease and overcapacity.
- North Sea volumes were just below last year due to some slowdown in volumes to and from the UK.
- Mediterranean volumes were likewise just below last year as the earthquake in Turkey lowered flows for some weeks.
- Channel volumes were below last year due to a continued market decrease and a negative impact from the entry of a third ferry operator.
- Baltic Sea volumes remained negatively impacted by the war in Ukraine.
- For the last twelve months 2023-22, the total transported freight lane metres decreased 4.7% to 41.3m from 43.3m in 2022-21. The decrease was 2.3% adjusted for Channel.
Ferry – passenger:
- The number of passengers continued to recover and more than doubled to 211k equal to 89% of volumes in February 2019, the latest comparable month pre-Covid-19. The number of cars equalled 85% of volumes in 2019.
- For the last twelve months 2023-22, the total number of passengers was 4.0m compared to 1.0m in 2022-21 and 5.1m in 2019.