- The new fast ferry will have dual gas engines with greater power and efficiency, which renews the shipping company’s commitment to this green energy as a transition fuel.
- The ship will have the same dimensions as its sister ship.
- It will optimize its speed and hold capacity, as well as add a deck for passengers and expand the terrace.
Baleària is negotiating with Armón Gijón to have a second fast ferry of the “Eleanor Roosevelt” class. This HSC was delivered by the shipyard in spring 2021.
The company is negotiating this second order from the Gijon shipyard due to the very satisfactory commercial result of the ELEANOR ROOSEVELT and the level of satisfaction expressed by its users.
Source: Informacion (in Spanish)
Baleària will start operating on May 1 in the Balearic Islands with “the most innovative and sustainable fast ferry in the Mediterranean.”
LNG-powered ELEANOR ROOSEVELT set sail on April 27 from the Armon shipyard in Gijón, where it was built, bound for Dénia.
Route: Dénia – Ibiza – Palma.
Baleària’s new fast ferry ELEANOR ROOSEVELT was launched on Friday 18 September at the Armon shipyard in Gijón.
This innovative ship is scheduled to begin operating in the first quarter of 2021.
Lots of focus goes to the use of LNG as fuel.
However, equally important is what Baleària has achieved in the digitization of services, with the “Smart ship” concept.
- Passengers will be able to access by means of a QR code that they will receive via WhatsApp, with the indication of the assigned seat number
- Internet service and WhatsApp coverage for text messages during crossing
- Free digital entertainment platform for mobile devices
- See the pets through webcams installed in the cages.
Balearia Presents Its New Fast Ferry On YouTube
A short movie has been made to present the new 123 m Balearia’catamaran ELEANOR ROOSEVELT, currently under construction in Spain at the Armon shipyard, after an Incat Crowther design.